NCHRP 350 Guidelines supported / NCHRP 350 Guidelines compliance
U-MAD Truck Mounted Attenuators (TMAs) offer outstanding performance, excellent life cycle costs and quick, simple refurbishment.
The U-MAD TMA is available for use in work zones with speed capacities from 70-100 km/h. The U-MAD TMA provides a wide range of protection for workers, motorists and equipment. The U-MAD TMA has passed the rigorous NCHRP 350 TL-2 and TL-3 criteria for both mandatory and optional tests.
The U-MAD Truck Mounted Attenuator is designed to absorb collision energy during rear-end impacts, prevent impacting vehicles from underriding a protected truck and reduce expensive damage to equipment. After a design impact only the cartridge will need to be replaced.
The U-MAD TMA can be configured using a variety of options for mounting systems, hydraulics, and controllers to make installation, use, and maintenance as simple as possible.
- Socket Hitch
- Tailgate Mount for dump tracks
- Flatbed Mount
The U-MAD TMA is ideal for stationary operations such as repair of crash cushions guardrails or road surfaces where the truck is acting as a barrier vehicle. It is also ideal for slow moving operations such as striping, sweeping, marking, or plowing where the truck is acting as a shadow vehicle.
Features and Benefits:
- Only the cartridge needs to replaced after a design impact
- Passes all mandatory and optional NCHRP 350 TL-2 and TL-3 tests
- Engineered to keep the impacting vehicle and support vehicle in the travel lane even after angle impacts
- Cartridges are Interchangeable with the U-MAD Trailer TMA, reducing inventory costs
- Light weight system
- Many flexible mounting options
- Optional cab-mounted controllers
- TL-3 Length - 4,19 m
- Weight - 590 kg
- Height in Storage Position - 381 cm